I’ve been meaning to put this page up for a few weeks now, every time I sit, I can’t think what to write, so I’m just going to try and if anything crops up that someone wants to know from one of my books, then by all means ask, and I’ll do my best to answer.
I get emailed and messaged on Facebook often, not that I mind, I love to hear from people, just it seems if these questions are things many people have, then maybe it’s better to answer them here.
1. Who was the bad man and what happened to him?
- I don’t know who he was, or where he came from. I can’t remember him, other than the vague memories that are in my books. I didn’t see him after I was seven years old, but by then the damage was already done and since then, and even until this day, I have flashbacks of his face almost every day. I was diagnosed with PTSD last year. My therapist that I was working with suspects that my mind has shut out his face for a reason, and perhaps its someone I know.
2. What was the medicine my mother was giving to me?
- I don’t know what it was she gave me. I suspect it was made of whatever she could find that day. It never really tasted the same, though it was always hot. I think perhaps she put some kind of spice in it. I don’t think it was real medicine, but then I don’t really know.
3. What happened to my mother, father, brother and nan?
- My mother passed when I was fifteen. I don’t really like to talk about that part, maybe when I am stronger I will do.
- My father is still around, though recently I told him to leave me alone, it had reached the point when I couldn’t take much more from him. I have to accept, he will never see me how I want him too and he will never take responsibility for his actions.
- My brother is still in my life. He does well and recently qualified as a staff nurse. I’m very proud of what he has achieved.
- My Nan, she passed when I was twenty four. It hit me very hard at the time, and I suffered mental illness due to the loss of her.
4. Was my brother abused too?
- I don’t think so, not in that way, though he has his own things and his own issues. I don’t think he was abused in the same way. I would be heartbroken if I learned different.
5. When did it stop?
- Officially when I was sixteen years old, after I had been thrown out, but there have been violent incidents since.